Not the same.
Whether you’re looking for a waterproof phone, the longest battery life or a low-light camera, there’s an Android phone for you.
Android Tips and Tricks
Access all your photos, wherever you go
Get free unlimited storage for all your photos & videos.Learn More
- Open the Google Photos App and tap the ≡ menu in Google Photos
- Tap "Settings."
- Select "Backup & sync."
Keep your device juiced up
Turn on battery saver mode to help your battery last longer.Learn More
- Open your device's Settings app. Tap "Battery."
- Tap the menu with three dots at the top right of your screen, then tap "Battery saver."
- At the top of your screen, set the switch to 'on'. The top and bottom of your screen will turn orange when battery saver is turned on.
- To turn on battery saver automatically when your battery is low, tap "Turn on automatically" and select "at 5% battery" or "at 15% battery."
Make your phone uniquely yours
Update your phone's look with new wallpaper.Learn More
- Tap and hold anywhere on your Home screen that is not occupied. A list of options will appear.
- Tap a wallpaper source, such as "Live Wallpapers." You can download additional wallpapers on Google Play.
- To set a wallpaper, tap "Set wallpaper" or, for other images, drag the blue dots to determine the cropping and tap "OK."
Use your phone by voice alone
Set up voice search to use your phone hands-free.Learn More
- Open the latest version of the Google app.
- In the top left corner, tap Menu ≡, then "Settings," then "Voice," then "'Ok Google' detection."
- Make sure "From the Google app" and "Always on" are switched 'on'.
Lock and locate your lost phone
Use Android Device Manager (ADM) to find the approximate location of your device and when it was last used.Learn More
- Sign into the Android Device Manager website at www.google.com/android/devicemanager, and ensure your current mobile device is selected.
- From here, you can see the approximate location of your device. You can also lock the phone, erase your data, or ring your device. Your phone will ring for up to five minutes even if it's on silent.
- To quickly find your phone in the future, you can always ask Google to "find my phone."
Browse other devices
Explore the Android phones, tablets, wearables, auto consoles and televisions that you can use to customize your digital life. Use the previous and next buttons, as well as the keyboard arrows, to change the displayed item.