HSBC TAP MOMENTS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OPEN TO UK RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING NORTHERN IRELAND), AGED 16+ WHO EITHER (A) ACTIVATE AN HSBC CARD ON ANDROID PAY DURING THE PROMOTION PERIOD (13 JUNE 2017 – 12 DECEMBER 2017) AND MAKE QUALIFYING PAYMENTS WITHIN 30 DAYS OF ACTIVATION OR (B) WHO HAVE ACTIVATED, BUT NOT YET USED, AN HSBC CARD ON ANDROID PAY BEFORE THE PROMOTION PERIOD AND MAKE QUALIFYING PAYMENTS BEFORE 23:59 (GMT) 12 JULY 2017. EACH QUALIFYING PAYMENT IS AN ENTRY TO THE INSTANT WIN PRIZE DRAW (UNLESS YOU ELECT TO APPLY THE PAYMENT TO ANOTHER ELIGIBLE ANDROID PAY PROMOTION). MAXIMUM 10 QUALIFYING PAYMENTS PER DAY. ENTRY LIMITED TO ONE CARD PER PERSON. PRIZES SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO END THE PROMOTION EARLY. PROMOTION MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IF YOU ENTER CERTAIN OTHER ANDROID PAY PROMOTIONS. SEE FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. INTERNET ACCESS ON A COMPATIBLE DEVICE REQUIRED.
“PROMOTER”: GOOGLE COMMERCE LTD, 70 SIR JOHN ROGERSON’S QUAY, DUBLIN 2, IRELAND
- By entering this “Promotion”, you agree to these terms and conditions (the "Terms"), and to the Promoter contacting you about the Promotion via email and app notifications. You can choose to opt-out of the Promotion at any time within the Android Pay app or by removing your card from Android Pay. If you do this you will not be able to participate in the Promotion and may forfeit any unclaimed Prizes.
- Subject to section 4.f and the availability of Prizes, the Promotion runs from 00:01 (GMT) on 13 June 2017 until 23:59 (GMT) on 12 December 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
- There may be more than one Android Pay promotion available for which you are eligible. If you choose to enter certain other promotions via the Android Pay app, you may no longer be able to enter this Promotion – so please select carefully.
- You must be aged 16 or over to enter the Promotion. If you are under the age of 18, you must have parental consent to enter the Promotion.
- You must be a resident of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) in order to enter the Promotion.
3. The Promotion
- Subject to section 1.c above, the Promotion is open to HSBC cardholders who hold a qualifying card (see section 5.c) and who either:
- add and activate a Card to the Android Pay app during the Promotion Period and make Qualifying Payments within 30 days of activation (ie by 23:59 GMT on the 30th day); or
- have added and activated a Card to the Android Pay app before the Promotion Period, but have not yet used that Card with Android Pay, and who make Qualifying Payments before 23:59 GMT 12 July 2017, each period being an "Instant Win Period".
- "Qualifying Payments" means payments made with a Card using Android Pay within the relevant Instant Win Period, which are made at least one minute apart from each other and:
- via a Transport for London ("TfL") reader;
- at an in-store contactless payment terminal that accepts payments via Android Pay (see 'Where to Use' page here); or
- at the check-out for an in-app purchase.
For payments made via a TfL reader, each reader tap constitutes a Qualifying Payment. Online payments do not constitute Qualifying Payments.
- If you are participating in other available Android Pay promotions when you make a Qualifying Payment, you may be asked to select the promotion to which you would like the payment to apply. If you choose to apply the payment to another promotion, that payment will no longer constitute a Qualifying Payment for the purposes of this Promotion.
- Subject to section 3.c and provided you have not opted out (or do not opt out) of the Promotion, when you make a Qualifying Payment during the Instant Win Period, you will receive an envelope via the Android Pay app (an “Envelope”).
- Each Envelope you receive is an entry to the instant-win prize draw.
- If you open the Envelope, you will receive a notification telling you if you have won a Prize and how you can claim it.
- Each Envelope will be stored in the Android Pay app and will be available to open until the end of the Instant Win Period. You must open your Envelope(s) before the end of the Instant Win Period and follow any relevant instructions, as all Envelopes will be automatically deleted after this period and you may forfeit any associated Prizes.
- There is a maximum of 10 Qualifying Payments per calendar day per participant. If you make more than 10 Qualifying Payments in a calendar day, you will only receive Envelopes for your first 10 Qualifying Payments.
- There is no skill involved in the Promotion and winners will be selected at random by a computer algorithm.
- Only one Card per person may be used in connection with the Promotion. You can add more than one Card to the Android Pay app, however only the first Card added and activated will be eligible for use in the Promotion.
4. Prizes and Gifts
- Prizes: The following prizes are available:
- up to 150,000 x £3 Costa Coffee gift cards (each a “Costa Coffee Prize”);
- up to 30,000 x £10 Pizza Express gift cards (each a "Pizza Express Prize");
- up to 13,000 pairs of adult ODEON cinema tickets (each pair an “Odeon Prize”);
- up to 6,000 x £50 Currys PC World gift cards (each a “Currys Prize”); and
- up to 11,000 x £20 House of Fraser gift cards (each a “HOF Prize”), each, a “Prize”.
- Each Prize is subject to its own terms and conditions. You can read the full terms and conditions of the: Costa Coffee Prize, here; Pizza Express Prize, here; ODEON Prize, here (Voucher Adult including M25); Currys Prize, here; and HOF Prize, here.
- An ODEON Prize can only be used on standard 2D advertised public performances, and cannot be used at the following ODEON cinemas: Covent Garden, Kensington, Leicester Square, ODEON Studios (Leicester Square), Marble Arch, Panton Street, Tottenham Court Road, Whiteleys, The Lounge at Whiteleys, and BFI IMAX.
- A HOF Prize cannot be used to purchase white goods, large kitchen appliances, Bivolino custom-made shirts, Montgomery made to measure curtains, accessories and fabrics, gift cards, gift vouchers, financial services, as payment on Recognition Card accounts, for mail order purchases or telephony purchases.
- The Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable, and non-refundable, and have no cash alternative.
- Whilst the Promoter has taken care to make a reasonable estimate of the likely user response to the Promotion and the number of Prizes to give away (see sections 3 and 4), it reserves the right to end the Promotion Period early if the user response is unexpectedly high and all Prizes are won before the end of the Promotion Period. The Promoter will send you a notification if it ends the Promotion Period early.
- You must redeem any Prize in accordance with its terms and conditions, including (but not limited to) any end date by which your Prize must be redeemed, as stated on the gift card or ticket (as applicable) or as otherwise notified to you.
5. Technical / Card requirements
- Latest version of Android Pay is available on NFC-enabled Android devices running KitKat® 4.4+. The latest version of Android Pay is available from the Play store.
- Internet access on a compatible device is required for Android Pay.
- Android Pay is only compatible with the following supported HSBC cards (a “Card”): Visa and MasterCard debit and credit (HSBC Premier Credit Card, HSBC Visa Credit Card, HSBC MasterCard Credit Card, HSBC Welsh Credit Card, HSBC Student Credit Card, HSBC Student Welsh Credit Card, Your Bank at Morrisons Credit Card, HSBC Platinum Credit Card, HSBC Gold Visa Credit Card, HSBC Gold MasterCard Card, HSBC Visa Debit Card, HSBC Advance Debit Card, and HSBC Premier Visa Debit Card). HSBC Card terms and conditions apply.
- Android Pay is not compatible with legacy HSBC cards, corporate, and non-consumer cards.
6. Other important information
- The Promoter may deem that a payment is not a Qualifying Payment, stop you from participating in this Promotion or stop you from claiming a Prize if it considers, in its reasonable opinion, that you are acting contrary to these Terms or the spirit of the Promotion, or are abusing the Promotion in any way.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your entry in the Promotion or from your enjoyment of a Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, change or replace the Promotion (including the alteration of a Prize) due to:
- any reason outside of its reasonable control; and/or
- the technical operation of the software (including the algorithm) for any reason operating in a way that is materially different to the purpose of the Promotion, including by generating more winners than the number of Prizes listed in section 4.a.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.