ANDROID ENTERPRISE ESSENTIALS PORTAL TERMS OF SERVICE
To use Android Enterprise Essentials (“AEE”), your company, institution, or other organization (“You”) acknowledge and agree to (1) the Google Terms of Service, (2) the Managed Google Play Agreement, and (3) these Android Enterprise Essentials additional Terms of Service (the “AEE Portal Terms of Service”).
Please read each of these documents carefully. Together, these documents are known as the “Terms”. They establish what You can expect from us as you use our services, and what we expect from You. If You are agreeing to be bound by the Terms on behalf of Your employer or other entity, You represent and warrant that You have full legal authority to bind Your employer or such entity to the Terms (and all references to "You" in the Terms refer to that entity). If You do not have the requisite authority, You may not accept the Terms or use the Admin Portal on behalf of Your employer or other entity.
If these AEE Portal Terms of Service conflict with the Google Terms of Service, these AEE Portal Terms of Service will govern for AEE.
- 1.1 “Admin Portal” means the web interface and related tools provided by Google to You, under Your Google account, to provide a listing of devices using AEE and perform actions upon them. The Admin Portal also provides tools to grant/revoke access to the Admin Portal to/from Your IT Admins.
- 1.2 “Android Enterprise Essentials” or “AEE” is an affordable security and management product provided by Google that makes it easy for businesses, including You, to protect Your Android devices used at work.
- 1.3 “Controller” means the definition given in the European Data Protection Legislation.
- 1.4 “Data Processing and Security Terms” means Google’s Android Enterprise Data Processing and Security Terms available at https://www.android.com/enterprise/data-protection/terms/ or such other URL as Google may provide and as may be amended from time to time.
- 1.5 “End Users” means Your individual end users who use the Android devices on which AEE is enabled for You.
- 1.6 “European Data Protection Legislation” means, as applicable: (a) any national provisions adopted under the Directive; (b) the Federal Data Protection Act of 19 June 1992 (Switzerland); (c) the GDPR; and/or (d) any other data protection or privacy legislation in force in the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
- 1.7 “GDPR” means Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
- 1.8 “High Risk Activities” means activities where the failure of AEE could lead to death, serious personal injury, or severe environmental or property damage.
- 1.9 “Your Data” means data provided by or on behalf of You, Your IT Admins, or Your End Users via Android Enterprise Essentials and the Admin Portal.
- 1.10 “Your IT Admin” means Your IT admin that has been granted permission by You to access Android Enterprise Essentials and the Admin Portal provided under these Terms.
ANDROID ENTERPRISE ESSENTIALS OVERVIEW
- 2.1 Android Enterprise Essentials Use. You may only use AEE and the Admin Portal to administer AEE for use on the Android devices used in Your business organization. Google has no obligation to provide AEE support to You or to any End User.
- 2.2 Accounts. Google will create a customer record for Your business organization, and will maintain a list of the Google accounts used by You and Your IT Admins to access AEE and other Google services. You and Your IT Admins are responsible for the information provided to create the respective Google account, the security of the password used for the respective Google account, and for any use of the respective Google account.
YOUR USE OF ANDROID ENTERPRISE ESSENTIALS
3.1 You agree to:
- a. Use Android Enterprise Essentials only for business use and only on devices that are used for work within Your business organization;
- b. Use the Admin Portal solely for the purpose of viewing, adding, and performing actions upon devices using AEE, and accessing any administrative and/or operational actions supported by AEE;
- c. Not misuse any features of AEE, including in ways inconsistent with Google documentation of these features;
d. Acknowledge and agree to, and obtain and maintain any applicable notices to and consents from End User(s) and Your IT Admins necessary to permit:
- (ii) Processing personal data contained in Your Data as Customer Data as described in the Data Processing and Security Terms;
- e. Obtain and maintain any required consents necessary to install, on individual devices, any applicable device configuration and administration applications required to enable and support AEE; and
f. Not, and not allow third parties under your control to:
- (i) Use AEE for High Risk Activities, or
- (ii) Process or store Your Data that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations maintained by the U.S. Department of State.
- 3.1 You agree to:
TERM, TERMINATION, SUSPENSION
- 4.1 Term and Termination. Google reserves the right to terminate the Terms for any reason without notice and at any time without liability or other obligation to You. In addition, Google reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove Your access to AEE and the Admin Portal at any time.
- 4.2 Suspension/Removals. If You become aware that any Your Data violates applicable law, You will immediately suspend your use of AEE or remove the relevant portion of Your Data (as applicable), or both. If You fail to suspend or remove as noted in the prior sentence, Google may specifically request that You do so. If You fail to comply with Google’s request to do so within twenty-four (24) hours, then Google may disable AEE, or disable Your Account(s) (as may be applicable), or both, until such violation is corrected.